Looking for an exceptional Public Relations Professional [PR Representative, Media Relations, Communications] who lives & breathes the PR lifestyle!
We are setting up a satellite office in Toronto and while we will consider hiring this role in Vancouver, the ideal person is Toronto-based.
Mediatonic PR is a boutique public relations & social media agency that specializes in Lifestyle and Entertainment communications (especially large events, conventions, conferences) – – we also love to do good with some social issues work or get our geek on with techy clients and everything in between. Recent Projects include: Center of Gravity, Keloha Music & Arts Fest, Fan Expo (Vancouver/Toronto), Edmonton Expo, Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo, National Aboriginal AIDS Awareness Week, Deighton Cup, GE Monogram Dinner by Design, Diner en Blanc (Vancouver/Calgary/Victoria); and social media for radio stations to comic-cons and bottled water.
If you are a Public Relations Professional with 3+ years of experience, please read on!
What you need for this position:
- * Minimum of three years (3) of experience within the public relations field required.
- * Agency experience is a BIG PLUS.
- *Ability to understand business relationships and brand/marketing strategies.
- * Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with diverse personalities in a tactful, mature, and professional manner.
- * Excellent writing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
- * Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize, thrive under pressure, and work efficiently under short deadlines.
- * Ability to remain flexible and work within a collaborative and VERY fast-paced environment.
- * Must be extremely detail oriented, resourceful, and able to produce high-quality deliverables while managing multiple projects.Strong business acumen with the ability to monitor, collect, and analyze data to guide strategic decision making.
- * Ability to display high energy, take initiative, achieve performance goals, and effectively troubleshoot while focusing on innovative solutions.
- * Beyond your PR talents also have personality (this is a relationship industry) and polish.
- * Appreciation that PR is a lifestyle and not a 9-5pm gig.
- * Your own high functioning laptop (Mac a bonus), full Microsoft Office suite, and smart phone.
- * Core team is based in Vancouver, with satellite team in Toronto. Ideal candidate will be Vancouver based, but we will consider Toronto residents.
What you’ll be doing:
- * Responsible for managing a multiple accounts (3-4 in a typical portfolio) across different verticals ranging from lifestyle to entertainment and social issues.
- * The environment is fast paced as constant communication with the clients is necessary to ensure that campaign strategy and targets are being achieved.
- * Must be able to work according to deadlines and manage all aspects of a client’s campaign.Creativity and familiarity with social media platforms is key as well.
- *You don’t need to be an expert with social media, but it would definitely be an advantage (BONUS) if you knew how to use those platforms to your benefit.
- * Open office environment demands a thick skin for compliments and critiques and the confidence to do media outreach calls in front of the team.
- * Strategize to provide public relations recommendations and solutions.
- * Draft media advisories and news releases.
- * Initiate and facilitate media outreach opportunities.
- * Event media accreditation and on-site hosting at client events (often this involves after-office hours and seasonally traveling 1-2 times a month).
- * Screen and facilitate incoming and reactive media interview requests.
- * Develop targeted media lists for news releases, media alerts and other story pitching.
- * Draft and distribute status reports of PR activity.
Did we mention you must be a Public Relations Professional with 3+ years of experience, if that’s you – please apply today!
Email: buzz[at]mediatonicpr[dot]com Subject Line: PR Acct Manager – Fall 2013
Looking forward to receiving your resume and a captivating cover letter on why this opportunity is meant for you. Please also include your expected salary range and start date availability. P.S. Twitter & LinkedIn profiles are good to share too!
In closing, we asked our Agency Director whom she’d envision for this opportunity:
You have an entrepreneur spirit, but running your solo gig is just a bit too much for you. We have so much bursting at Mediatonic PR, but there are a few growing pains to still navigate (and they will be spurred by that challenge, not scared). The ideal candidate is driven by the thrill of the entertainment projects we work with, but not star struck. You are very pop culture savvy, but not saturated. You get that much of PR involves: a massive amount of project management (you’re obsessed with the little details), witty banter and lots of personality to click with our clients and media friends (you’re not shy or an introvert), creative ideas flowing to make our work stand out (average press conferences or publicity stunts are not in your vocabulary), and you’re up for the challenge of long hours to implement it (as long was there are the balances to slip in yoga and recharge time).”