Mediatonic PR+social has a short-term (11-week), learn in the trenches internship. We have lots of tricks & strategy to teach – but you need to come to the table with some experience of your own.
You have been running a Twitter account (ideal multiples) on Hootsuite or a similar deck system, actively use lists, and have some ninja Twitter moves up your sleeve. You don’t just have a personal Facebook, you are very familiar with Facebook Pro Pages/Business pages. And in fact you actually have a strategy plan to how you come up with witty & viral content on both of those channels. You read every blog and article you can get your hands on to learn how to master Facebook’s latest ‘flip you on your butt change’ of how they work. You get your ‘geek on’ in measuring what you create all the while fulfilling the behind the scenes puppet master/social butterfly in you while chatting with fans!
- Avid user of social media: Facebook, Twitter, Flickr & YouTube (if you know WordPress that’s a huge bonus), and all the tools to go with the interfaces.
- Word & excel, and Googling are second nature daily tools.
- Big organizer, detail & deadline oriented and a major multi-tasker that can deal with pressure.
- Creative ideas ooze from you.
- Have initiative – if you see something that needs to be done or that can be done better you get a rush from stepping up! Can-do attitude.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills are a must; proficient in English and have strong writing skills.
- Flexible, positive, patient and willing to learn (quickly) – a self driven learner.
- You have your own speedy laptop (not an Asus or ipad). Mac gets you bonus points.
- From past experience – best internships work when you have another source of income (we have some flexibility with the commitment hours below) and that you don’t have far to commute to Main & 11St area (VANCOUVER).
- 11-week commitment of approx 25 hours per week; Mon-Wed 8:30am – 3:30pm; Thur 830-12:30pm. Mostly onsite; some remote work optional.
- The right person will be on board within the next few weeks.
Sound like you? Send a cover letter + CV to email@example.com
Tell us how you fit the above internship, share your @Twitter, a link to a Fanpage you’ve worked with; plus your possible start date.
Due to volume only short-list candidates will be contacted.