Looking for an exceptional Social Media Specialist who lives & breathes the world of powerful words, analtyics & pop culture!
Mediatonic PR is a boutique public relations & social media agency that specializes in Lifestyle and Entertainment communications – – we also love to do good with some social issues work or get our geek on with techy clients and everything in between. Our recent projects include: Center of Gravity, Keloha Music & Arts Fest, Fan Expo (Vancouver/Toronto), Edmonton Expo, Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo, Aboriginal AIDS Awareness Week, Deighton Cup, GE Monogram Dinner by Design, Diner en Blanc (Vancouver/Calgary/Victoria); and social media for radio stations to comic-cons and bottled water.
If you are a Social Media Professional with 2 years experience please read on!
What you need for this position:
- * MANDATORY minimum of two years (2) of experience within the social media field required.
- * Strong technical background with an affinity to use web-based, cloud programs and a strong affinity for navigating advanced Google Analytics. Proficiency with those tools to help monitor, collect, and analyze data to guide strategic decision-making.
- * Must be extremely detail oriented, resourceful, and able to produce high-quality deliverables while managing multiple projects.
- * Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize, thrive under pressure, and work efficiently under short deadlines.
- * Ability to display high energy (you thrive in a VERY fast-paced environment), take initiative, achieve performance goals, and effectively troubleshoot while focusing on innovative solutions.
- * Ability to work as a member of a team, as well as independently.
- * Your own high functioning laptop (Mac a bonus), full Microsoft Office suite, and smart phone.
- * Core team is based in Vancouver, with satellite team in Toronto. For the right persona we will consider Toronto but the ideal person will be Vancouver-based.
- * Demonstrated experience and a passion for the social technology universe: Facebook, Twitter, Flickr & YouTube (if you know WordPress that’s a huge bonus), and all the tools to go with the interfaces.
- * Word & excel (formulas especially), and Googling are second nature daily tools.
- * Superior communication and interpersonal skills are a must; proficient in English and have excellent writing and proofing skills.
- * Big organizer, detail & deadline oriented and a major multi-tasker that can deal with pressure.
- * Have initiative – if you see something that needs to be done or that can be done better you get a rush from stepping up! Can-do attitude.
What you’ll be doing:
- * Responsible for managing a multiple accounts (3-4 in a typical portfolio) across different verticals ranging from lifestyle to entertainment.
- * Work with clients to create a social media strategy that collaborates with marketing, PR and advertising campaigns, research top influencers, competitors, and trends in clients’ industries.
- * Create timely and engaging content optimized for platform used and intended audience.
- * Monitor sites for customer service opportunities and initiate conversations on behalf of the client.
- * Be happy, smile, and bring a positive attitude to the office. We like to have fun even in the cray cray.
- * Analyze and report social media actions on a monthly basis for successes and new opportunities. Reports are very reliant on advanced Google Analytics and other measurement tools.
- * Create engaging and professional visuals that reflect client and their brand (Customize social media pages, create original content, etc).
- * Stay current with social media trends and tools – includes attending networking and educational events, reading blogs, and listening to podcasts.
- * Continue to refine and define our social marketing process.
For the right individual there is also the opportunity to learn PR and participate with our public relations clients.
So, if you this full time, primarily based in our Yaletown office opportunity intrigues you, please apply today!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: Social Media Star – Fall 2013
Looking forward to receiving your resume and a captivating cover letter on why this opportunity is meant for you. Please also include Twitter & LinkedIn profiles, your expected salary range, and start date availability.
Due to volume only short-list candidates will be contacted.